Wednesday, April 23, 2008

So, I had this huge amusing entry typed up the other day. When I hit publish, the computer said FUCK YOU (for real!) and told me to refresh the page. The damned internets ate my entry. I was pissed off, so I didn't redo it. Even when I'm trying to NOT suck at the internets, I manage to suck at them.

*sigh*

I'm in a mood

I'm not particularly fond of the crew I'm working with. Not that they're bad people (well, I don't think they're bad people. I don't see them after I leave work, so maybe they eat baby kittens when they leave.), but they are SLOW. And a good majority of the time, it's apparent that they're being slow to prove a point of some kind. What that point might be has never been reveled to me, but they're proving something damn it! It's either that or they're taking care of personal bullshit on the clock. Like the one is ALWAYS on the phone with his girlfriend. Which, whatever. I've never seen a couple so up each other's asses and I have a feeling if Greg and I were like that, I'd have killed him within 3 days, but that's how they roll. It bothers me when it involves my call times. We have a certain amount of time to do things and talking to your girlfriend is not a factor. He's also been trying to renew his national registration, which, ok that's at least job related. But when you're given a call, you don't wait until you're finished with whatever form you need to shove into an envelope. You take your call and do it afterwards. Or, and this is just an idea and maybe it wouldn't work, DO IT ON YOUR OWN FUCKING TIME. He gets 3 days off one week and 4 days off the next week. Yeah, he's a firefighter, too, but it's not for Flint and they typically aren't anywhere near as busy as it is around here.

And the other part of the crew just drives me up the wall. She bitches CONSTANTLY about shit she doesn't even need to worry about. She's a nice enough person, but she just gets under my skin. No idea why. And it's been like that from day 1. Ya know those people that you KNOW there's something about them that you cannot stand, but you just can't quite put your finger on it? That's her. And I've never trusted her. She can be pretty manipulative if she'll get something out of it. This morning when I walked in, she was in here just a rantin and a ravin about something and there was a person over from the base next door just going right along with her. I was ready to bash heads. Fo realz, yo. On top of that, I had left my cigarettes at home this morning and I was NOT a happy camper. (Greg brought them up to me cuzz he was being nice today. I think he wants something.)

I've been cleaning the base like crazy lately. I used to do it all the time, but I got tired of it, so I stopped. Maybe it's the weather or something.

I got nothing else. :-/

1 comment:

Aunt Becky said...

This sounds like a post I could have done about any of my past jobs.