Friday, November 30, 2007

When I got home from work on Turkey Day, there was a new friend waiting for me.



Isn't she precious?! Her name is Nala. We think she was someone else's kitty, but she was outside shivering and hungry and Greg said he just couldn't leave her out there on her own. We're keeping an eye out for signs or things in the paper to see if someone lost her, but so far there's been nothing.




There she is with Bitsy. We think they are pretty close in age, but that's just based on how close they are in size.


I just love that picture of Bitsy. She likes to try to eat the camera. I swear, I've never seen a cat eat the things she does. A small list includes olives, peas and pickles. o_O


And then there were 5. For all the bitching he did about there being 4 cats, I never would have guessed that he'd bring home another one.

7 comments:

Cricket said...

I am grinning ear to ear!

She is gorgeous and they look like they don't mind her being around. That little slut, Bitsy...

I am so very jealous!

Cricket said...

PS - I am really impressed with your 10 posts this month. NaBlo next year for you!

brite69 said...

Bitsy was SO pissed at Greg for bringing Nala home. She wouldn't let him touch her for a few days. He tried to show me how she would growl at him when he picked her up and she swiped at him! He had held her kind of close to his face and was telling her it would be ok and she just whipped out her little paw and caught his lip. She's ok with him now. LOL It took her about the same amount of time to warm up to Nala. The older cats just look at us like they're saying, "Damn woman! Another fucking cat, are you serious?!" Hehe. If Harley were still around she'd be going out of her mind.

Cricket said...

Hey,
I have a new reader. As I was looking at her blog the other day, I kept getting confused as to where I was. She writes so much like you, my mind kept flipping back to your place. It's amazing. Check her out - if work allows, of course.
http://mommywantsvodka.psys.org

brite69 said...

I am fucking IN LOVE with this woman! I've been reading her blog off and on (read: in between phone calls. Stupid job making me do job related things) and I have bene giggling out loud and making my boss think I just might have a bit of The Crazy. Thanks for recommending her! (I'm not sure if I should delurk now seeing as how there's some stress happening, but I will soon and I will be telling her that YOU have caused me to stalk her and become all Single White Female on her ass. :-P)

Aunt Becky said...

SOOOO cute! I love kitties.

brite69 said...

I want to branch out and get other animals (hedgehogs have ALWAYS been high on that list) but I think I'll just be sticking with the kitties for the moment. We need a house so I can get more animals! Never mind that it would mean more room for the humans, damn it!