Saturday, July 29, 2006

Ugh. This day is moving very slowly. I've been up since 5AM, which isn't really anything new, but it feels like it should be later than 1115.

Went in for the ultrasound. That was fun. (Can you FEEL the sarcasm?) Seems it wasn't enough to have just the run of the mill ultrasound. Oh no, no, no! I got have a very special vaginal ultrasound as well. I hate those. There's just something a little unsettling about having a stranger routing around in there with what looks to be a rather large toy. At least it didn't hurt this time.

I keep forgetting to get the blood draw. I was going to do it on Thursday, but I had to work. I picked part of the shift, so I could've had it done before I went in at 11. Provided, of course, that I would've woken up at the time I was supposed to. The alarm was clearly set for 730. I have a fuzzy memory of the alarm going off, hitting the clock, hearing the radio and then nothing. I woke up at 11. I was an hour and a half late to work. Neat. I'm blaming the Metformin. Or Glucophage, whichever. I really don't think it matters much since one is the generic of the other.

I've decided to be ambitious about losing weight and have started a morning exercise routine. Not sure how long it'll last, but I'm hoping I won't lose my motivation. I'm trying to see about going to New York in October and I'd like to not be puffy. Meh. I suppose it doesn't really matter if I'm puffy or not. I'll have to remember to tell myself that if I realize I've lost motivation.

In other news, Greg made me watch Helraiser: Hellbound last night. I have a total love/hate relationship with horror movies. I love to watch them, but I am such a fucking girl afterwards! I was spooked walking to the bathroom last night and I kept dreaming of Pinhead. Then, this morning, I spooked myself while I was in the shower. I forgot that the little cat, Baby, followed me into the bathroom when I went in to take my shower. I was washing my face when she decided it would be a good idea to charge the shower door. I couldn't see her cuzz I was washing my face and I freaked out, thinking there was something coming in to get me. I screeched a little and everything. It makes me feel a little better thinking that I scared her, too.

Hmm... This only took up about 15 minutes of my time. This is not encouraging about how quickly the rest of the day will go.

I want a vacation.

No comments: