Saturday, July 22, 2006

So, the testing shall begin again. Seems my doctor has decided that she wants to find out what's really causing my pain. *facepalm* Nothing has changed in the years since I was diagnosed with PCOS and while I understand the need to have tests done to rule out things, I don't see what that has to do with giving me something for the pain. When I asked, she told me that she doesn't want to medicate me until she knows the real reason for the pain. I don't get it. It's the same pain with the same symptoms. The only difference is that my periods have gone from every 1-2 weeks to sporadic, which is normal with PCOS. (At least from what I've read anyway) So, Wednesday, I get to have another ultrasound. I loathe ultrasounds simply for the whole not being able to pee aspect. That drives me insane.

I'm supposed to have a fasting blood draw done sometime next week as well. My mom was telling me that I should get there at 645 so I can be the first in line after not eating or drinking anything after like 6 or 7 the night before. (12 hour fast) I looked at her like she was loopy and said that I didn't want to have to get up that early if I wasn't going to work. She and the doctor laughed at me cuzz apparently, my like of making the sleep is humorous and can be attributed to my age. In reality, I'm dreading going cuzz people can never seem to find my veins when they try and steal my blood like the vampires they are. The last time I tried to donate blood, they couldn't find a vein for about 20 minutes and when they finally were able to get the needle in my arm and get to it, they ended up telling me they couldn't use my blood and threw it out cuzz I didn't put out an entire pint. Seems like a waste to me, but what do I know? At any rate, I'm thinking I'll do that Thursday cuzz I think the boy will be with his gramma. I have to ask her if she can watch him Wednesday while I have my ultrasound cuzz Greg will be at work and she usually will just keep him if I have her grab him up on Wednesday. We'll see, though. If not, then I'll see if my mom can watch him while I go. I'm not sure if she's up to it yet or not, but it can't hurt to ask.

I also get to see a new OB-GYN. It's the one my mom goes to and he's supposed to be very good. My mom raves about him and likes to tell me he's never had a lawsuit for malpractice or anything. That's great and all, but I'm still nervous. Honestly, I think it has more to do with the fact that he's a man than anything else. I've always had female OB-GYNs. I'm more comfortable with a woman poking around down there. Hopefully this guy doesn't give me that creepy-old-man vibe. That appt isn't until Aug. 9th, though, so I have a little bit to calm my anxieties.

Welp, I guess I should go about performing teh job duties. It's been a nice, slow day so far, but now that I've said that, I'm sure it's going to get busybusybusy!

And I'm off!

2 comments:

Cricket said...

EWWWW!

Going to the same gyn as your mom? I guess it's done, but it never occurred to me. I hope he's worth it and finds the source of your pain.

When I was finally doagnosed with endo, I had pain 24/7. It had nothing to do with my cycle. In fact, most of the pain was in my back. Go figure. Sometimes you have to diagnose yourself.

brite69 said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Your being grossed out made me laugh way too hard.

From what I've heard, he's the best around. All the girls I work with switched over to him when the insurance kicked in and my mom works in the Risk Management area of the hospital and knows that he's not been sued and all that jazz, so I'm hopeful.