Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Happy Arraignment!

So, I to be arraigned today for driving on a suspended license. Ok, I suppose it was yesterday, but I've been up since 6 AM Tuesday, so for me, it's not today. Make sense? Yeah....I'm thinking not.

At any rate, I actually got off really well, considering what I was facing. Seems I could've been sentence to 90 days in jail and up to $5000 in fines! O_o It was kinda interesting. I was probably the 6th or 7th person called up. Everyone before me was there for drunk driving. Everyone. And they all plead Not Guilty. I couldn't figure that out. I mean, shit, if they gave you a breathalizer and YOU FAILED, you'd think pleading No Contest or even Guilty would be better. hat way you don't have to worry about court fees on top of everything else you're already gonna owe. but, whatever. I plead guilty, cuzz, well, my kicense actually was suspended. The judge chuckled a little when I spit that out. heheh. He asked me to explain what happened and I told him that I had paid some speeding tickets pretty late, but that I wasn't aware of my license being suspended until I was pulled over. I also explained that I hadn't received the statement regarding the $45 reinstatement fee until I got home the night in question. Everything was taken care of as soon as it was possible. I was pulled over on a Saturday night and it was all taken care of Monday morning. He looked at me and said, "Well, I'd have found ya guilty anyway. You're fined $175. Can you pay that today?" Um...NO! I told him I could pay part of it, but the majority of it would have to wait until I got paid again on te 21st. He said no problem and told me to sit down and wait for the bailiff to get some paperwork and blahblahblah. Well, just before the bailiff took me out, I heard what the kid that went up after me was charged with. Keep in mind, this kid was ultra skinny, black hair pulled back into a ponytail, glasses and though he attempted to dress nicely in a white button down shirt and black slacks, they were very wrinkled and he looked not so good in them. But, you MUST remember the ultra skinny part. "People Vs. blahblahblah You are being charged with indecent exposure." Teehee! He pleaded Not Guilty as well! Seriously, someone saw your wang dude. May as well fess up and possibly;y avoid the bigger fine or even jail time. If even one person can accurately describe your wang, you're guilty. Hope the poor bastard didn't sleep with a girl and then piss her off. What a way to get back at an ex...

That's pretty much been the excitement of my day. That and I discovered I am obsessed with Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. Holy yummy! And wonderfully hyper-inducing. At least, I think that's why I'm so full of energy. Hmm.....

No comments: